CONTACT KIM MCPHERSON
RECIPES BY THE WELL NURSE
It has just the right texture of crunchy bottom and creamy smooth top.
Super easy to make and each seperate layer can be enjoyed on its own!
Crust: 1 banana, 1/2 cup chia seeds, 3/4 cup coco flour, 1 cup coco oil, 1/4 cup cacao powder, sea salt.
Blend and press into tray.
Mousse filling: 2 bananas, 3 avocados, 3/4 cup coco oil, 3 tbs agave, pinch of cinnamon, Blend and spoon mixture on top of crust.
Freeze for at least 1/2 hr, let sit for 10mins before serving .
Frosting; melted 1/2 cup cacao butter, 3 tbs cacao powder, 1 tsp coco sugar.
Mix together then pour on top (kinda sets like magic ice- remember that as a kid??!)
Sprinkle with your choice of something fancy, I had goji and bee pollen.
How cute are my new baking moulds?!
HEALTHIER CARAMEL SLICE
(The chocolate I use has branch chain amino acids and fat burning green tea )
These are a healthier sweet option but still 277Cal per serve so cut them bite size to halve that and enjoy with your friends and family
fine rolled oats* ¾ cup (you can also use ground almonds as a gluten-free alternative)
coconut ¾ cup
cacao powder 1 tablespoon
dates 6, pitted
raw almonds ½ cup
himalayan salt one pinch
coconut oil 6-8 tablespoons, melted
dried pitted dates 400g
boiling water ¾ cup
cashew nuts 2 cups softened**
pure maple syrup ¼ cup (not the stuff that's artificially flavoured with sugar!)
coconut oil ½ cup melted
organic vanilla bean paste 1 teaspoon
Fat burning Chocolate delights with antioxidant support squares 15 approx.
coconut oil 1 teaspoon.
Preheat oven to 180degrees Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of a square baking tin (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper.
1. Place oats/ground almonds, coconut, cacao powder, dates, almonds and salt in a food processor and blitz until a fine, crumbly texture. Drizzle in melted coconut oil and pulse until well combined and the mixture holds together when you pinch it between your fingers.
2. Press mixture into the prepared baking tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake for 10-15 minutes until light golden. Set aside in the fridge to cool while you make the caramel.
3. To make the caramel, place dates and water in a medium-size pot and boil, stirring frequently, until the dates are very soft and mushed up, and all the water has evaporated. Place dates in the food processor along with the softened cashew nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Blitz until nice and smooth – this will take at least a few minutes. scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times to make sure everything has been blended.
4. Spread caramel all over the base in the baking tin. Set aside in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until the filling is firm.
5. Melt Chocolate DELIGHTS in a glass bowl set above a small pot of simmering water. Mix in oil if using. Pour melted chocolate all over the filling and spread it over evenly. Return to the fridge / freezer for about 20 minutes, or until set. If it still seems a bit soft, return to the fridge/freezer for a bit longer.
6. Cut into about 25 pieces with a sharp knife dipped in hot water. The slice will keep for up to a week in the fridge, however I kept mine in the freezer!
* ** To make softened cashew nuts, either soak in water overnight, or boil cashew nuts in a pot of water for about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
RASPBERRY VANILLA PROTEIN COOKIES
🍓 1 cup mixed berries (I used frozen then defrosted)
🍓 1/2 cup flax meal (I made the meal by blending the seeds)
🍓 4 scoops vanilla protein
🍓 3/4 cup of amaranth meal (again I blended the puffed amaranth before adding to the mix OR you can use coco flour, almond meal or any other GF flour)
🍓 1 handful of nuts
🍓 1 Tbs chia mixed with 2 Tbs water
🍓 3 Tbs coconut oil
🍓 sea salt
Mix well, add a little water for a dough like consistency
Keep leftovers in the freezer
CHOC CHAI FUDGE//
Wifey TelinaTalk and I hosted for 2 special amigos tonight and I whipped up this deliciouso treat.
I love surprising people with the fact this has no refined sugars.
Soak 3 cups dates, remove pips. Place in blender with;
Melt 1.5 cup cacao butter and 1.5 cups coco oil. (Or can use all cacao butter or coco oil)
Half a cup hot water
1 cup Cacao powder pinch of sea salt and
Spices of choice- I used cinnamon/ginger and clove oil.
Blend until smooth.
Pop into a pan and freeze for 2 hours.
Serve with optional nicecream 🌀.